RSS

Music is my Life

Palmer Reed's music is what i would call Outkast mixed with John Legend put together. He is a great individual and i had the privilege of interviewing this talented musician.  


CJ: what type of audience are you going towards?
PR: I am aiming to all audiences. I want my music to have no boundaries and I would like for everyone to be able to say they have a favorite song and all of them be different.

CJ: When did you start playing and performing?
PR: I started playing guitar when I was 6, but I didn’t really get serious about performing until probably my junior year in high school.


CJ: Are there any artist you would like to work with in the future?
PR: There are too many people I want to work with. I really would love Pharrell and Kanye West on the Producer side.  Also, I would love to work with Daft Punk; their groove tracks are amazing.  I want to work with Lil B, Lupe Fiasco, Chester French, Mansions on the moon, J*Davey, and a bunch of others as well.

CJ: Are there any musicians that influence you via on television or within the community.

PR: I look up to all other musicians that are serious about their musical craft.  Some big artists I look up to are people like Johnny Guitar Watson, John Mayer, Kanye West, Bob Marley, Pharrell, and Bob Dylan.  Locally, I like Kaleigh Baker, Peter Baldwin, The Evan Taylor Jones Band (family of mine), and of course my Family Gang, but I look up to everyone that is truly making things happen.


CJ: What desires your passion to pursue music?
PR: My passion for pursuing music is just the thought that music can change people’s lives.  Nothing makes me feel better then when someone emails me or tweets me saying that my song helped them in some way.  Its like the ultimate gratification.  (A Grammy would be nice too though. Haha!)

CJ: What do you feel your music brings to the music industry
PR: My music brings change.  A change that needs to be seen not only with my acoustic stuff, but with my hip hop music or my production as well.  I feel like creatively the industry is starting to become to predictable. There needs to be artists that push the envelope in what people hear.

CJ: What has been the most inspiring moment so far?
PR: My most inspiring moment for me would probably have to be performing at the Hardrock. Being in the green room, or walking down the hallways and seeing pictures from all the people that have been on that stage and knowing that my name is now on that list is probably the most humbling and Inspiring feeling ever.  It drives me to do even more gigs at even bigger places around the world.

CJ: How often do you perform and where.
PR: I try to play at least two to three times a week. School has made that a bit hard, but I’ve played from 57west, to the social, to backbooth, to firestone, to tanquerays, to just recently, The Hardrock at CityWalk. 

CJ: Do you want to make your music a career or just a hobby
PR: Music Is my life. I can’t remember a time without it and I don’t want to try and visualize life without it.

CJ: What does your music usually talk about?
PR: My music usually talks about love and all the situations that are caused because of it.

CJ: Anything you want to add?
PR: I love to perform and I love to make good music. I am on myspace, Facebook, twitter, youtube, and tumblr.  Feel Free to holler at me!  I got some great projects in the works right now so stay tuned!




  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment